Friday 5 June 2009

Introduction.

So. Yesterday, I spent a somewhat unproductive few hours blog-hopping and, who knew? The Internet book-loving community is a large and vibrant place. It's fantastic. There seem to be two prominent factions, namely (a) the book loggers, reviewers and infrequent posters and (b) the unruly - and at times scary - world of 'fandom'. Hey, I'm all for a Harry Potter rant every once in a while, but the ways in which some of the HP and Twilight fans see fit to express their literary appreciation. Eeee.

I also came across several other 1001 Books blogs, which leads me to this rather pointless digression and poses the question, how exactly do I go about ordering this thing? Some sensible, patient people begin at the beginning or the end and work their way through. I on the other hand, pick and choose and take suggestions. Does this mean I should acquire myself a copy of Aesop's Fables and begin again from there? Or is it okay to read and record these books as I fancy, backtracking when necessary?

I'm afraid to say, I don't fancy starting again. It took me long enough to read eighty books in the first place. So expect a sporadic scattering of blog entries featuring an eclectic collection of books. And for now, a little bit of a backtrack, in as accurate an order as I can muster.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment